Tenet Healthcare and Detroit Medical Center are seeking a talented Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to join our team at our Detroit facility. We are seeking to expand our Transition of Care team which would contribute to quality of care for patients undergoing Inpatient care at our hospitals.
This position would cover night shifts, and is considered a FT position, for the hospital, and due to the nature of the setting we are only able to accept ACNP or AGACNP candidates at this time.
If you are interested in the role, or would like more information, please feel free to include CV in your response!
Under the limited direction of the attending physician or designee, obtains and records patient medical history; performs physical examinations; orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans. Performs routine invasive procedures; performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Educates and counsels patient and family members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery, and other related areas. Participates in the management of patient's care, determining need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Preliminary history and physical exam
2. Daily patient visits for routine follow-up
3. Initial nursing and/or medical diagnoses for acute and chronic health care problems to be accompanied by physician consult
4. Ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests
5. Prescribing treatments, including medications, within the scope of delegated prescriptive authority.
6. Medication reconciliation
7. Preparation of preliminary discharge summary
Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited program for Physician Assistants, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, including approximately one year (2000 hours) of clinical internship.
2. Due to the requirements of this position we will not be able to consider FNP or Physician Assistants for these positions. ACNP and AG-ACNP candidates are welcome to apply
3. License as a Nurse Practitioner by the state of Michigan.
4. Following successful selection/placement into the job, six to twelve months on the job training to perform specialty procedures and responsibilities.
5. Eligible to secure a DEA license upon hire as required by the particular position assignment at the Detroit Medical Center.
6. Eligible for approval of privileges to practice within the Detroit Medical Center as an Allied Health Professional through the Detroit Medical Center Medical Staff Organization.
1. Analytical ability to monitor data, develop treatment plans and prescribe medications.
Independent judgment to monitor and respond to changes in patient conditions.
2. Interpersonal skill necessary to effectively communicate with patient, family members, medical staff and nursing personnel.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005010744
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.