As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant for our quality team in Wilmington, DE.
1. Manage the calendars for the various leaders of the Quality and Safety Team.
2. Handle incoming calls with courtesy, providing assistance and information as needed.
3. Record and maintain minutes for various Committees supported by Quality and Safety leaders, ie Infection Prevention Committee, etc
4. Coordinate meetings with internal and external representatives, prepare agenda and handouts, schedule room and equipment, and arrange for meals.
5. Coordinate and arrange travel plans for the various Leaders and staff members of Quality and Safety.
6. Prepare and process expense reimbursements, payment requests, etc.
7. Responsible for ordering supplies for the Quality and Safety team.
8. Provide backup coverage to other members of the Quality and Safety team.
9. Prepare Payroll submission for various members of the Quality and Safety team.
10. Prepares and organizes various reports for the Quality and Safety team as needed.
11. Needs to understand how to run various reports in order to format Excel.
1. Excellent team and interpersonal skills
2. Strong communication skills
3. Uses feedback for improvement
4. Willingness to accept change
5. Detail oriented
6. Strong organizational skills
7. Innovative thinking
8. Ability to work with interruptions
9. Flexible with schedule and responsibilities
10. Prioritize, manage and conduct multiple tasks simultaneously.(time management)
11. Ability to set and reach goals
12. Ability to handle problems in a calm and responsive manner (conflict management skills)
13. Decision making ability
14. Ability to self teach and learn quickly independently.
15. Manages resources prudently.
16. Handle sensitive issues that require confidentiality
Education and Training:
Associate degree preferred or 2 years of training beyond high school.
Applicant must have previous administrative secretarial experience.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.