As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Nemours Cardiac Center (NCC) provides comprehensive care for infants, children, and adolescents with cardiac, thoracic, and vascular disease. The Cardiac Center provides patient care, performs research, and educates and trains health care professionals in various settings, including the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and the Cardiac Step-Down Unit. Please see the below link about our Cardiac Center and also about being a Nemours Nurse at the Dupont Hospital for Children
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Assesses and documents in itial and ongoing patient needs and problems.
2. Formulates nursing plan based on patient needs and problems and indicates plan on the patient care plan.
3. Develops realistic and appropriate long- and short-term goals based patient/family needs.
4. Implements patient plan of care
5. Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and modified care plan accordingly.
6. Assists patient and family in discharge planning so that problems and care needs are anticipated and met.
7. Serves as an advocate for patient and family in working with other members of the health care team.
8. Provides safe and appropriate nursing care through adherence to Nursing Department standards.
A registered nurse responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, and providing care to assigned patients.
A. Education, Training and Experience 1. Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN Preferred or must be currently enrolled in a BSN program 2. Previous experience in pediatric/cardiac and or critical care nursing preferred.
3. Must have at least 6 months plus inpatient register nurse experience.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certification: 1. Current or be eligible for registration with Delaware State Board of Nursing.
2.Have BLS certification with the American Heart Association.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is a pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics serving children and families throughout the Delaware Valley and Florida. Our dedicated professionals integrate medical care, research, health education, and prevention to help improve the lives of children every day.