Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Clinic Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Infusion Services at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Clinic Registered Nurse works under the direction of the Clinic Nursing Supervisor or Clinic Manager to provide basic patient care to assigned patients in a given specialty\.
In this position you will:
- Triage patients and communicate urgent patient needs to the practitioner
- Instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests
- Perform EKG's, assist with diagnostic test and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures
- Obtain lab specimens according to clinic procedures and follow up to insure correct processing and handling
- Under supervision of practitioner, administer medications\. Start intravenous lines and administer intravenous fluids with appropriate certification
- Delegate tasks to other caregivers as license permits
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return practitioners' phone messages
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school of registered nursing
- Current Washington State RN license
- CPR certification
- Current BLS certification required or to be obtained at clinic expense within one month of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Added Position Benefit:
- $1,000 employee referral bonus
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 150990