Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/On-Call Variable, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Joseph's Hospital in Chewelah, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Act as an advocate for patients in maintaining choice, independence, privacy, dignity and security.
- Provide appropriate patient care as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Assist in providing care and implementing delegated activities of the nursing plan.
- Have responsibility for providing support and assistance to sub-acute patients and long term care residents, which may include those with Alzheimer's and Dementia.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completed an approved Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course OR enrolled in an approved course and perform skills successfully checked off in the clinical setting by the course instructor
- Currently Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) OR Registered as a Nursing Assistant (NAR) and attain the CNA within 120 days
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- One (1) year of CNA experience
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph's Hospital in Chewelah, Washington, offers full-service acute care, skilled health care professionals and the latest in medical technology to the residents of Stevens County.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 149307